Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sony Cybershot DSC W200 | Digital Camera Review | Introduction

Sony CyberShot DSC-W200 underwater review : I am in Dahab, Egypt and I am taking the Sony DSC-W200 to the seaside in an exclusive manner: on a camel. The diving spots near Ras Abu Galum are only accessible by camel from Dahab. The trip will take approximately an hour and a half. This is a good opportunity to try the Sony W200 camera on land before taking it underwater.

Sony W200 - Camel trip
To be honest, I find myself really stupid to agree with the guide on going to Ras Abu Galum. The diving areas closer to Dahab are spectacular enough and we would be able to go to them in a comfortable jeep. Why on earth would I go on a camel trip? I don't even dare to sit on a donkey, let alone on a camel.

Diving spot Blue Hole
We meet the camels at a famous diving spot; the Blue Hole. That's also the spot where the road ends and if you want to continue.... The camels are still having their meal as we arrive and they react somewhat irritated when I get closer to take pictures of them. They pull ugly faces at me, so I give up and retreat.

Sony CyberShot W200 Diving gear
When they finish their meal, the diving gear is loaded onto them. And thankfully the camels are laying down so we don’t have to lift the diving gear to a great height. Some camels get to carry four aqualungs and other camels receive two bags and the remaining diving equipment. This way you need as many camels as divers and it is possible to dive twice. Next, it is my turn to ascend a camel.

Form : http://www.letsgodigital.org/